6 Reasons Why You Should Sign Up For Our Sponsored Skydive!11 Mar
There are nine days left to go until our sponsored skydive event and if you have been weighing up whether to sign up or not, we thought we would try and sway your decision. In an article last year, The Telegraph newspapers listed six reasons why everyone should consider taking part in a skydive. These include:
- It’s Easy: By jumping with an experienced instructor, you can relax whilst they do all the hard work for you. There is no need to worry about making any mistakes and you can enjoy the thrill of the ride.
- It’s An Amazing Feeling to Conquer Your Fears: If you’ve been looking to conquer your fear of heights, what better way to do it then jumping out of plane one and a half miles from the ground. Whilst it may scare the daylights out of you, it is a memory that will live with you forever.
- The View Is Beautiful: The Norfolk countryside is a beautiful sight from the ground, but imagine the view as you glide from 8,000 feet. There are not many activities which allow you to enjoy the exhilaration of falling at 120MPH whilst taking in the view in a tranquil setting.
- It’s Not As Dangerous As You Think: You will be jumping with professionals who will check, double check and triple check every piece of equipment involved in your jump. In addition to that, every chute comes with a backup chute just in case. Many people confess to being more worried about the plane ride than the actual jump itself!
- Your Friends Will Be Jealous: What better way to show off than to walk into work on Monday morning and when asked how you spent your weekend, be able to say ‘oh, you know, nothing much, just jumped out of a plane and skydived…’
- Experience Something Incredible: It is the most thrilling, scary, fun and exhilarating things you will ever do. No matter how scared you are beforehand, you will almost certainly want to do it again after!
So now we have told you have amazing it is, why not find out for yourself by signing up for our sponsored tandem skydive! The event is being held at Beccles Airfield on Sunday 20th March 2016 and it costs just £50 to secure your place – though if you raise at least £300 of sponsorship you will get your skydive for FREE.
Before your skydive you will receive a 20 minute briefing, during which your instructor will give you a full explanation of what to expect and what you need to do once you are up in the air. Then, having soared to a height of around 13,000 feet (around 2 miles), you and your instructor will leave the plane and fall at a speed of approximately 120mph; descending 8,000 feet in just 40 seconds. On reaching this point, your chute will open and you can take in the stunning views of the Norfolk countryside as you glide back to Earth. A truly wonderful sight!
If you would like to find out more about this event, please get in touch with the team at UK Parachuting. You can call them on 01502 476131 or visit their website here.